Battery Management Software | Centroid Snet 2
Model # Centroid Snet 2
Centroid Snet 2, Eagle Eye's proprietary battery management software, is included with all BMS-Series battery monitoring systems. The purpose of Centroid 2 is to provide an easy-to-use graphical user interface to manage battery measurement data.
The software provides complete data analysis, include real-time viewing of measured data as well as trending of historical data. Reports can be generated into PDF or Excel format. In addition, historical data can be exported to Excel between selected dates.It is possible for Centroid Viewer to manage all battery systems installed on a company network, this could include hundreds of systems installed over a large geographic location.
- Real-time viewing of battery measurement data at a centralized location
- Displays system voltage, load current, cell/unit voltage, internal/connection resistance, cell/unit temperature, and ambient temperature
- Display fail alarms for electrolyte level and ground fault conditions
- Set and manage battery alarm thresholds for all systems within the software
- Color-coded graphs display measurement data against pass, warning, and fail alarm thresholds; view graphs on a string level or an individual cell level
- Automatically record, save, and playback discharge events which record system voltage, load current, and cell/unit voltage through the duration of the discharge
- Measured data saved into history log allowing trending analysis over the life of the system
- Alarm summary pane for quick overview on the status of all systems
- Email and SMS alerts during alarm outbreak
- Create PDF reports or export measurement data to Excel
- Technical Specs
|Operating Environment:||System Requirements for Monitoring a Single BMS
Can Centroid Snet 2 be installed on a virtual machine?
Yes, as long as the hardware requirements are met.
Is there a charge for software updates?
No, all software updates are provided at no cost.
Is Centroid Snet 2 web-based?
No, Centroid is not web-based. Centroid communicates over a private network that uses private IP address space. Within the network, client versions of the software can be installed to access the data from multiple computers.
How many battery monitoring systems can the software manage?
The exact number of systems depends on the amount of data being captured. For example, a 240-cell battery system will provide more data than a 24-cell system. The general range for the number of systems the software can manage is 300 to 400 systems depending on their size. Configurations over 100 systems require higher end server specifications.
What types of data can be exported from the software?
There are 2 file formats: PDF and Excel. When exporting to PDF, the data at the time of export is formatted into a PDF report which can be saved. Exporting to Excel allows data from any specific date, or all data from the life of the system to be exported.
What type of alerts does the software provide?
Within the software, the status of the system will change to "Warning" or "Fail" depending on the condition of the active alarm. When viewing an individual system, there is a summary pane of all active alarms. Additonally, Email/SMS alarming can be configured for external alarming.
How is Centroid Snet 2 compatible with Modbus?
Centroid 2 has the capability to output measurement data for each system via Modbus protocol. This feature requires that the computer or server Centroid is installed on has at least 2 LAN ports. The data from all the BMS installed in the field comes in one LAN port, and the software then outputs Modbus through the other port.
What data is recorded during a discharge test?
When a discharge is detected, the BMS will continuatlly measure system voltage, load current, cell voltage, and time. These values will be recorded and saved in a discharge history log.
- Power Utilities and Distribution
- UPS Systems
- Data Centers
- CATV Broadcasting
- Transportation Operations
- Battery Suppliers and Manufacturers
Or call toll-free