BC-1000 Industrial Float Battery Charger
Model # BC-1000
The BC-1000 is a stationary float battery charger designed for use in utility, switchgear, and other industrial environments. Nominal ratings include models at 24, 48, or 130 volts DC and 6 to 50 amps DC. Built-in alarms are included for high DC voltage, low DC voltage, positive and negative ground fault, and end of discharge. The unit has digital controls and an LCD display. A number of safety features are included such as wire protection on all field terminals and full AC input and DC output protection. All BC-1000 units include a standard 5-year warranty.
- LCD Display and Navigation Pad
- Field Programmable with Security Levels
- Compatible with a wide variety of battery types
- Vented lead-acid (VLA), valve regulated lead acid (VRLA), and nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- AC, DC, Float and Equalize Indicator LEDs
- High / low DC Voltage Alarm
- High / low DC Voltage Alarm and AC Fail Indication
- Positive and Negative Ground Fault Alarm
- High DC Voltage Shutdown
- Summary Alarm Relay
- Summary Alarm Buzzer
- Push Button Mode Selection
- Full AC Input and DC Output Protection
- AC Input and DC Output Circuit Breakers
- Control Panel and Circuit Breakers Recessed
- AC and DC Surge Suppressors
- Wire Protection on all Field Terminals
- Bottom / Side Cable Entry
- Compression Terminal Strip for Field Wiring
- Enhanced DC Output Filtering / Battery Eliminator
- Individual Alarm Relay Contact Board
- AC Input Lightning Arrestor
- Remote DC Voltage Sensor
- Remote Battery Temperature Sensor
- Conformal Coated Electronic Boards
- EIA 19-inch or 23-inch front Rack Mounting
|Measurement Range:|| Voltmeter: 0 – 120%|
Float Voltage: 2.00 V/C to 2.50 V/C
Equalize Voltage: 2.00 V/C to 2.50 V/C
High DC Voltage Alarm: 1.00 V/C to 2.70 V/C
Low DC Voltage Alarm: 1.00 V/C to 2.50 V/C
End of Discharge Voltage Alarm: 1.00 V/C to 2.00 V/C
|Alarm Relay:|| Max Switching Voltage: 150 VDC, 125 VAC|
Max. Switching Power: 30 WDC, 60 VA AC
Max. Switching Current: 2.0 A
Max. Carry Current: 2.0 A
|Mounting:||Wall, floor, shelf, EIA 19-inch rack (rear)|
|Output Current Limitation:||Adjustable 0 – 110%|
|Output Transient Response & Recovery:||20 – 100% load charge, with battery connected, does not exceed ± 6%. Does not activate high voltage alarm|
|Output Ripple & Electrical Noise:|| Standard filtering on battery:|
|Current Ratings:||Reverse Current from Battery: Less than 90 mA|
|Voltage Regulation:|| VAC +10%, -12%: ± 0.25%|
0 – 100% Load: ± 0.25%
Temp. 32 – 105ºF (0 – 40ºC): ± 0.25%
Freq. 50 – 60 Hz ± 3 Hz: ± 0.25%
|Operating Environment:|| Operating Temperature: 32 – 105ºF (0 – 40ºC)|
Elevation: 1000 m (3000 ft)
Relative Humidity: 0 – 95%
|Dimensions:|| By Chassis Type:|
S1: 483 x 435 x 454 mm (19 x 17 x 18 in)
S2: 483 x 657 x 454 mm (19 x 26 x 18 in)
S3: 483 x 902 x 456 mm (19 x 35 x 18 in)
|Audible Noise:||Less tan 62 dB (A)|
What are some common applications areas for this product?
Common applications include but are not limited to:
- Process Control
- Other Industrial Applications
What are the mounting options for the charger?
The BC-2000 Charger can be mounted to the wall, on the floor, on a shelf, or on an EIA 19-inch or 23-inch rack (front or rear).
What kind of batteries are compatible to charge with the BC-2000?
The BC-2000 can charge batteries of a wide variety of types. These include Vented Lead-Acid (VLA), Valve Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA), and Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd).
What operating conditions should the charger be kept in?
The operating temperature range of the unit is -40 – 158ºF (-40 – 70ºC), and the operating humidity range is 0-95% relative humidity.
What method of cooling does the charger employ?
The BC-1000 was designed to stay cool by venting air using natural convection, which avoids potential electrical and safety issues which often arise when fans are used.
- Microprocessor / Digital Control
- SCR Rectification
- LCD Display and Navigation Pad
- Advanced Alarming Capabilities
- Enhanced DC Output Filtering / Battery Eliminator Options
- Industrial Construction
- High Reliability, Durability, and Longevity
- UL Listed and cUL/CSA Certified
- Designed to Meet NEMA PE5
- Made in the USA
Or call toll-free