DM-Series Inline Density Meters / Online Process Control
Model # DM-Series
The Eagle Eye DM-Series Inline Density Meters are designed for continuous monitoring and process control of liquid concentration/density and temperature of solutions across a wide range of applications. Available in three different mounting configurations, the DM-Series density meters can be integrated directly into a variety of tanks and inline systems. Temperature compensated values can be measured and displayed in Density, Specific Gravity, Brix, Plato, Baume, API, Concentration, Solid %, and other measurements of density. Designed for process control, measured data can output through a 4-20 mA signal. Digital communication for remote calibration and monitoring is also available.
Each DM-Series Density Meter consists of a capacitive-type differential pressure transmitter which is tied to a pair of pressure repeaters immersed in the solution being measured. Temperature compensation is performed by a temperature sensor located between the two pressure repeaters. Small variations in the process temperature are quickly and accurately calculated through dedicated software.
The DM-Series has been designed for a wide range of applications including petroleum, gas & oil production; food, beverage and alcohol processing, and chemical production and monitoring. The digital LCD display allows the user to easily read any custom-configured units that can be alternated during operation. The DM-Series is low-maintenance after installation, easy to clean, and allows for safe operation and continuous testing. The DM-Series is highly accurate and repeatable and is calibrated for long-term operation. Installation of the density meter is simple and quick with minimal downtime or disturbance. The ability to measure density, density-related values and temperature simultaneously make the DM-Series a cost-effective, long-term solution for any continuous monitoring needs.
The DM-Series Inline Density Meter Includes:
- DM-Series Unit (A, B, or C)
- DM-1000A: Mounted to top
- DM-1000B: Mounted to side
- DM-1000C: Mounted to side/flex-pipe option for uncommon fittings
- Installation Manual
- User Maintenance Guide
- Optional: Handheld Communicator or Modem
- Optional: Mounted Bracket
The DM-Series is offered in three standard models, the DM-1000A, DM-1000B, and DM-1000C. All three models can be mounted in various ways to fit your needs. The DM-1000A is mounted on the top of a tank, the DM-1000B is mounted on the side, and the DM-1000C is mounted on the side of a pipe/tank and includes a flex-pipe configuration for uncommon fittings. All three meters can be ordered as intrinsically safe for industrial environments or sanitary for the food and beverage industry.
|Measurement Range:||Density: 0.000 – 3.000 g/cm31|
Temperature: 0 – 150°C2 / 32 – 302°F2
|Accuracy:||Density 0 – 1 g/cm3: 0.001 g/cm3|
Density 0 – 2 g/cm3: 0.002 – 0.003 g/cm3
Density 0 – 3 g/cm3: 0.002 – 0.005 g/cm3
Temperature: 0.2°C / 0.4°F
|Communication Output:||4 – 20 mA, HART Protocol|
|Display:||Backlit 4.5” Digital LCD|
|Volumetric Displacement:||Less than 0.15 cm33 / 0.01 in33|
|Power Requirements:||15 – 30 VDC|
(24 VDC recommended)
|Operating Environment:||-10 – 60 °C / 14 – 140 °F, 0 – 90% RH|
|Footnotes:||(1) Listed total range, specific models ordered with range of 0-1, 0-2, or 0-3 g/cm3.|
(2) DM-1000A and DM-1000B range is 0 – 100°C (32 – 212°F) due to installation method.
(3) Varies slightly depending on individual model.
What are some common applications areas for this product?
Common applications include but are not limited to:
- Industrial Chemical Production: Petroleum, natural gas, oil refining, salt mining
- Food & Beverage Industry: Beverage, syrup, vegetable oil, & soft drink processing
- Other Chemical Production: Urea, detergents, ethylene glycol, lubricating oils, acid solutions, & polymers
- Paper Industry: Black pulp, green pulp, white pulp, alkali solution
Are the DM-Series inline density meters rated explosion proof?
Yes, the DM-Series is rated intrinsically safe explosion proof.
Does the DM-Series work for corrosive applications?
If the DM-Series is needed to serve in a corrosive application, we can use differing material types for the contact plates. These options include tantalum, aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium. Please contact Eagle Eye about any custom density measurement needs.
I don’t have an access point on my holding tank, do I have any other options?
Yes, the DM-Series comes in 3 different design styles to fit a wide array of application setups.
What if my systems piping is too small for the sensors?
If the diameter of your pipe is too small or the velocity of flow is too high for the DM sensors we offer a bypass pipe setup that allows some of the solution to branch off and flow past the DM series before returning to the main pipe.
The flange sizing options don’t match my systems; do I need an adapter?
Not necessarily, if you let Eagle Eye know when ordering the flange sizing and bolt pattern we generally can custom fit an appropriate flange for your application.
- Monitoring & Process Control: Continuously monitors process, displays real-time measurement and transmits data through a 4-20 mA output
- Accurate Data Display: Rotatable digital LCD displays measured data in user-configurable units which can be alternated during operation
- Safe for Many Environments: Intrinsically safe with no moving parts and stainless-steel wetted parts, models available for industrial or sanitary environments
- Easy Operation & Maintenance: User troubleshooting procedures with error messages to help trace cause of problem, user calibration procedures
Or call toll-free
Inline Density Meters Range: 0.000-3.000g/cm3
Or call toll-free
To view a full list of our product videos, visit the video page.>