Benchtop Density Meters
The benchtop digital density meters from Eagle Eye measure a variety of parameters for liquid samples including density, specific gravity, BRIX, concentration, alcohol content, API gravity, and other density-related values accurately and efficiently. The meters utilize Bluetooth, USB and Ethernet communication protocols for easy data management and printing of results. Up to 1,000 measurement results can be stored in the internal memory with date/time stamp and sample identification.
- Technical Specs
|Measurement Range:||Density: 0 g/cm³ to 3 g/cm³
Temperature: 0 to 100°C (32 to 212°F)*
Pressure: 0 up to 10 bar (0 to 145 psi)*
|Accuracy:||Density: 0.001 g/cm³
|Density: 0.0001 g/cm³
|Density: 0.00005 g/cm³ |
|Repeatability s.d.:||Density: 0.0002 g/cm³|
|Density: 0.00001 g/cm³|
|Density: 0.00005 g/cm³
|Integrated Tables & Functions:|
|Minimum Sample Amount:||Approx. 1 mL|
|Dimensions (L x W x H):||495 x 330 x 230 mm|
(19.5 x 13 x 9.1 in)*
|Data Memory:||1000 measurement results|
|Power Supply:||AC 100 to 240 V; 50 to 60 Hz; 190 VA|
|Weight:||22.5 kg (49.6 lbs)*|
|Display:||Color touchscreen with customizable display layout|
|Wetted Parts:||PTFE, borosilicate glass|
What is the principle of operation for how the benchtop density meters function?
The sample is introduced into a U-shaped borosilicate glass tube that is being excited to vibrate at its characteristic frequency. The characteristic frequency changes depending on the density of the sample. Through a precise determination of the characteristic frequency, the density of the sample can be calculated. Due to the temperature dependency of the density value, a precise temperature control of the sample is required.
Can the benchtop density meters be used to measure the concentration of a sample?
Yes, a sample’s density value can be automatically converted into concentration values for a large number of factory-programmed substances. You can also program special substances as required. Sample naming ensures perfect traceability of results.
How do the benchtop density meters ensure that bubbles don’t affect a sample’s measurements?
The benchtop density meters automatically detect gas bubbles in the measuring cell using advanced analysis of the cell’s oscillation pattern and generate a warning message. Additionally, you can visually inspect the measuring cell using a real-time camera. Pictures of the measuring cell are saved with the corresponding measuring data, ready to be recalled for verification of correct sample filing any time later.
Can I transfer data from the benchtop density meter to a computer?
You can export your measured data in the format of your choice (csv, txt, html) to a USB flash drive or – in some cases, via Bluetooth interface - to a PC. Also other kinds of data - like firmware updates, custom functions or instrument backups - can conveniently be transferred from or to an external device. Printouts can be accomplished via Ethernet, USB or Bluetooth interface (depending on the model).
How do I calibrate the benchtop density meters?
To calibrate the instrument, measure a certified standard liquid and compare the result to the reference value indicated in the calibration certificate of the standard. The physical properties (density, viscosity) of the liquid density standards should be similar to those of the samples. The frequency of calibrations with certified liquid density standards depends on your requirements and judgement. Recommendation: 1 to 2 calibrations per year.
*Features are model dependent.Large Color touchscreen
- State-of-the-art PCAP technology
- Provides a premium user experience
- Detects filling errors and gas bubbles in the sample
- Generates and records filling warnings
- Displays live images of the oscillating U-tube sensor and the entire filled-in sample
- Relevant images with the sample fully and clearly visible are stored in the data memory
- Later review of these images guarantees completely transparent measurement processes
- Eliminates all measurement drifts caused by temperature stress due to temperature changes or sample temperatures greatly different from the measuring temperature
- Allows accurate and convenient density measurements in a wide temperature range
- Only one adjustment at one temperature required
- Across the samples' entire viscosity range
- Eliminates viscosity-related errors
- No viscosity standards required
- Only 1 mL of sample required
- Preset measuring methods for different applications
- Integrated conversion tables for simple density and concentration measurement
- Different user functions applicable: tables, polynomials, formulas, linear functions and constants
- GMP/GLP and 21 CFR Part 11 compatibility
- Audit Trail
- Password protection with three user levels
- Forgery-proof data export
- Different security levels and increased security settings
- Electronic signature
Or call toll-free
3.5, 4 and 4.5 Place Density Meters
Range: 0.000 up to 3.000 g/cm3
Or call toll-free