SCS-Series Battery Spill Containment Systems
Model # SCS-Series
Eagle Eye’s SCS-Series Acid Containment Solutions are designed specifically for standby power applications. Spill containment is required for lead-acid battery systems, enforced by fire regulations on the federal and state level. The SCS-Series battery containment system utilizes UL recognized, flame retardant pillows which are available in several sizes. The PVC frame components have an LOI flame rating of 28 or higher.
All components of the SCS-Series were designed to be installed with new battery systems or retrofitted to existing battery systems. Installation is straightforward and easy for all types of battery systems.
|Pillow Sizes:||12 x 12 in. or 6 x 24 in.|
|Pillow Thickness:||1/16" tear & puncture resistant|
|Pillow Color Change:||Pillows change from yellow to red upon absorbtion|
|Absorbtion:||12x12: Up to 32 oz. neutralization|
6x24: Up to 16 oz. neutralization
|Model Sizing:(1)||Width: 16 – 36"|
Length: 40 – 124"
|Safety Standards||Entire system UL listed|
All PVC components LOI flame rating of 28 or higher
1) See Catalog under downloads section for complete model listing. Note: custom models are available.
What are some common applications areas for this product?
Common applications include but are not limited to:
All flooded battery systems, new or existing.
- UL Listed spill containment system
- Flame retardant - absorb and neutralize battery electrolyte
- Retrofit to existing, pre-installed battery systems
- Frame components: angles, corners, over clips & liner:
- 1/4” thick black PVC plastic, 4” tall as required in National Fire Code
- All PVC components have LOI flame rating of 28 or higher, meeting UL Standard 2436
- Liner is yellow, flexible material which provides strength and ease of installation of corners during setup
- Pillows neutralize & absorb electrolyte:
- Indicates contact with acid by changing from bright yellow to red
- 1/16” thick material is tear & puncture resistant
- Pillow sizes available in 12” x 12” (up to 32 oz. neutralization) and 6” x 24” (up to 16 oz. neutralization)
- Absorption rate is up to 40 oz. (12 x 12”) or up to 20 oz. (6 x 24”)
Or call toll-free