SG-Ultra Max Digital Hydrometer / Portable Density Meter
Model # SG-ULTRA-MAX
The Eagle Eye SG-Ultra Max is a digital hydrometer/portable density meter in the SG-Series hydrometer line. The SG-Ultra Max measures the density and density-related values of your sample within seconds. Results appear on the large LCD screen with backlight and are ready for storage, printout or export to a PC. The lightweight and robust design enable on-site operation in a wide range of environments. Pump spills do not enter the instrument. The SG-Ultra Max digital hydrometer features leakproof housing for operation in industrial and field applications including battery testing solutions for utilities and telecoms, food & beverage testing, quality control, biotechnology and many more. Proper care and cleaning procedures will ensure the extended life of the SG-Ultra Max.
The SG-Ultra Max Kit Includes:
- SG-Ultra Max Body
- (1) 180 mm Sample Tube
- 2 mL Plastic Syringes
- Luer Adapter 1/4" UNF (for syringe filling)
- IrDA Adapters
- Interface for Exporting Data to PC
- Carrying Case
- User Manual
- More Info
- Beverage Solutions
|Measurement Range:||Density: 0.000 – 3.000 g/cm3|
Sample Temperature: 01 – 40 °C (321 – 104 °F)
Viscosity: 0 – 1,000 mPa
|Accuracy:||Density: 0.001 g/cm3|
Temperature: ±0.2 °C (±0.4 °F)
|Minimum Sample Volume:||2 mL|
|Internal Storage:||1024 Results|
|Operating Environment:||10 – 50 °C (-15 – 122 °F)|
|Power Requirements:||(2) AAA Batteries|
|Dimensions:||140 x 138 x 27 mm (5.5 x 5.4 x 1.0 in)|
|Weight:||368 g (13 oz)|
What are some common applications areas for this product?
Common applications include but are not limited to:
- Food & Beverage
- Laboratory Testing
- Green Energy
- Uninterruptible Power Sources (UPS)
- Laboratory Testing
- General Quality Control
What is the measurement range of the SG-Ultra Max Digital Hydrometer / Density Meter?
The density range is 0.000-3.000 g/cm3
Does the SG-Ultra Max work with my solution?
The SG-Ultra Max works with a vast range of solutions across many unique industries. The best method to verify if the unit will work with your solution is to compare the Ultra Max wetted parts list with a chemical compatibility chart of your solution (parts list found below):
SG Ultra Max Wetted Parts List:
- Borosilicate glass Measuring cell, pump cylinder
- Kalrez O-ring for SG-Ultra Max Ex Petrol
- POM (Polyoxymethylene) Faradex Housing for SG-Ultra Max Ex Petrol
- PP (Polypropylene) Faradex MS002 Housing for SG-Ultra Max
- PVDF (Polyvinylidene fluoride) Connection block, bolt
- Viton O-ring for SG-Ultra Max
How accurate is the SG-Ultra Max?
The SG-Ultra Max is accurate to 0.001g/cm3 with repeatability of 0.0005
How does the SG-Ultra Max communicate?
The Ultra Max uses infrared data association communication (IrDA)
What is the measurement range of the SG-Ultra Max?
The density range is 0.000-3.000 g/cm3
How long does the SG-Ultra Max take to display measurement results?
Measurement times vary depending on unit and sample temperature. The sample will have to equilibrate inside the measuring cell. This process generally takes only a few seconds but in some situations may take up to a minute
How many measurements does they SG-Ultra Max Density Meter store?
The maximum stored results are 1,024
What file format is the data imported to the PC as?
Data is exported from the SG-Ultra Max as either a CSV or TXT file. This can be viewed using Microsoft Excel or Exmons Ultra Plus software
What is the maintenance for the SG-Ultra Max digital hydrometer?
Precise measurements demand a well-functioning precision tool. The device should be cleaned after each use. The consumable parts of the Ultra Max should be monitored closely and replaced regularly as needed
How often should I calibrate my SG-Ultra Max digital hydrometer?
It is recommended to have the unit calibrated annually
- Accurate 99.999% Accurate
- User-Friendly Compact, lightweight, and allows for one-hand measurement. Large LCD display screen with backlight.
- Robust Rugged, comes with protective carrying case. Sustains tough field environments with leakproof housing
- Wireless Communication Infared data interface for data exchange with a PC and data export to a printer (data transfer accessories included).
- Efficient Storage of up to 100 sample IDs for easy identification. Storage of up to 20 measuring methods. Stores up to 1,024 total measurement results including timestamp and sample ID.
- Reliable CE Compliant and One Year Warranty
The internal memory of the SG-Ultra Max digital hydrometer stores up to 1,024 measurement results with a timestamp and sample ID. Up to twenty measuring methods and over 100 sample IDs can be stored for easy identification. With over 90 hours of battery life and energy-saving features, the SG-Ultra Max offers maximum efficiency for your testing needs.
Supported measuring units include: density, density at reference temperature, specific gravity (sg), Alcohol, API, °Baumé, °Brix and five programmable custom functions to ensure your measurement requirements.
Eagle Eye offers an additional unit that is specifically designed for petrochemical testing. The SG-Ultra Max Ex Petrol has intrinsically safe special housing that is explosion proof and resistant to petrochemical samples, and offers all the premier features as the SG-Ultra Max digital hydrometer/density meter.
- Raw material quality control
- Batch adjustments for alcohol, BRIX, and more
- Fill level determintations using specific gravity and/or density
- Alcohol determination for TTB tax purposes
- Process monitoring and control
Beverage Solution Product Offering
For inexpensive, easy, quick batch testing and adjustments
For determining alcohol content, BRIX, fill levels and more
For process applications
For more information and details on our special limited time promotion please click "Request A Quote" below.
Or call toll-free
To view a full list of our product videos, visit the video page.>